We care about your privacy
Helen's Minimal Studios & Apartments respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
In this policy you can find more about:
- How do we collect your personal data;
- What personal data do we collect;
- Why do we need your personal data;
- When do we share your personal data;
- How do we protect your personal data; and
- How can you exercise your data subjects rights.
1. How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
1.1. Direct interactions. You may give us your data by filling in forms in our website or by corresponding with us by email. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- enter into an contact form to book a room
- give us feedback or contact us.
1.3. Indirectly. We may have access to your personal data because someone who has it engaged us to provide a service that requires us to access and use that data. In this case, we will be processing your personal data as data processors, on behalf of the data controller, who determines in exclusivity the types and purposes for which we will process your data and is solely liable to you for any data breaches not caused exclusively by us.
2. What personal data do we collect?
2.1. We collect and process, to the extent such data is adequate, relevant and necessary for the purposes outlined in (3) below:
- Identity Data, which may include first name, maiden name, last name or similar identifier, and any other identity data required by applicable laws and regulations;
- Contact Data, which may include electronic address and other contact details provided by you or required by applicable laws and regulations;
- Technical Data, which may include internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage Data, which may include information about how you use our website, products and services;
2.3. We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
2.4. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of an agreement we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the agreement we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
2.5. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
3. Why do we need your personal data?
3.1. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a booking confirmation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3.2. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
3.3. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
3.4. We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
4. When do we share your information?
4.1. To third parties
Helen's Minimal Studios & Apartments does not disclose your personal data to third parties, except as described in this policy. Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies that perform support services or somehow facilitate the provision of Helen's Minimal Studios & Apartments' services, including those that provide professional advice to Helen's Minimal Studios & Apartments.
We may also disclose your personal data under your instructions, to protect our rights and interests and those of our business partners or pursuant to your express consent. Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; for instance, when responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with organizations such as exchanges and clearinghouses.
Helen's Minimal Studios & Apartments will not sell your personal data in any case.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data. Access to your data is limited only to authorized personnel of Helen's Minimal Studios & Apartments.
6. How can you exercise your data subject rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us in writing to email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.